Odd problem today with the XenApp client, erroring each time I tried to login to any published app:
After a fair bit of digging, I found a registry key call “ClientHostedApps” here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Virtual Channels\Control
Simply removing this key and re-opening the client was all it took for the client to operate and the apps to start working again.
Over the last few months I’ve been asked several times by several customers how to allow RDP access for users to their XenApp server farm. You used to have to uncheck a box in the TS Configuration Manager on the RDP listener, but this is no longer the case…
If you try to login via RDP as a user you should receive this error:
You simply have to edit the unfiltered policy for Users that’s created by default when you created the farm (unless you want to restrict RDP access to particular user groups of course – in which case, create a new policy and assign it to those groups).
To Edit the policy follow these steps:
- Open the Citrix Services Delivery Console
- Expand the menu’s and click on “Policies”.
- Ensure you are viewing the “User” tab and double-click on the “Unfiltered” policy.
- Click ICA on the left, and then click add next to “Desktop Launches”.
- Select “Allowed” and click OK.
- Click Next, and save the policy.
That should enable users to login using RDP rather than having to use ICA – simple huh?